One of the most important things to do when caring for your chalk board is to “Chalk it in”.
ALL YOU NEED is chalk and a damp cloth.
NO MORE CHALK STAINS
NO MORE FINE LINES
Seasoning your chalkboard prior to initial use is highly recommended, all the little pores will be filled with the primer chalk, ensuring smooth drawings and easy erasibility. Chalk Boards are porous, so of you don’t chalk it in, you are at risk of your first drawing being there permanently. However, if your chalkboard has been used before performing the process, it is still fine, u cam still performs the step by step process. * Better late than, never right.
Step by Step Guide
- Lay a piece of chalk flat against the surface of your chalk board
- Rub the surface of the chalkboard, with the chalk stick, over the entire surface vertically. Repeat the process and rub the entire surface with the chalk stick horizontally. Ensure that the entire board is covered.
- Take a damp cloth and wipe the entire chalkboard surface until you have a clean finished look
Benefits of priming your chalk board
- Smoothens your chalkboard Surface.
- Fills up all the little pores on your chalkboard surfaces.
- Future drawing will go nicely and be erased easily.
- Leaves your chalkboard looking good and in a healthy condition.
Parrot Products offers a variety of chalkboards which are available in 14 different sizes. Plain, gridded and lined options are available in both Magnetic and Non-Magnetic surfaces. Enamel chalkboards are made to order.